News

‘All My Children’ canceled for second time in as many years

‘All My Children’ canceled for second time in as many years

CANCELED: The cast of “All My Children” is seen in an undated photo provided by Ferencomm for The Online Network. The Online Network (TOLN) announced Monday, March 11, 2013 the highly-anticipated online debuts of the beloved long-running serial dramas “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” for Monday, April 29. Both soap operas were cancelled a little more than a year ago by ABC, which had broadcast them for decades. Photo: Associated Press

Soap opera “All My Children” has been canceled for a second time in as many years.

The long-running series came to an end in 2011, after 41 years on air, but TV bosses opted to revive it in a new Internet format on America’s The Online Network (TOLN) earlier this year following a passionate campaign by fans.

But it appears the reincarnation is also heading for cancellation, according to some of the show’s stars.

Veteran cast member Debbi Morgan took to Twitter.com on Monday and wrote, “My manager was given the news that we were officially done by PP’s (production company Prospect Park) lawyers.”

Co-star Cady McClain has added, “We were very recently contacted and told that, with great regret, “All My Children” won’t be going back online this year, or in this particular incarnation.”

Bosses at Prospect Park have yet to confirm the cancellation.

Latest Headlines

in Local

Michaud Says He Has $560K Cash in Governor’s Race

mike_michaud

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) _ Democratic candidate for governor Mike Michaud has raised nearly $440,000 in the latest reporting period ending Oct. 21. His campaign says that brings his fundraising total to $2.85 million.

in Local

Scattered Showers in Maine After Heavy Rain, Wind

Newsradio WGAN

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) _ A powerful storm that has been soaking Maine for more than 48 hours has lived up to expectations.

in Local

Maine CDC Launches Ebola Preparedness Website

C

Maine is launching a new website about preparedness and response to suspected cases of Ebola virus.

in Local

Mount Vernon Man Faces Weapons Charge

GENERIC BULLETS 2

MOUNT VERNON, Maine (AP) — A Mount Vernon man is facing a weapons charge after police conducting a search at his home say they found more than a dozen firearms inside.

in Trending, Viral Videos

TODAY’S MUST SEE: Spooky ‘Shining’ inspired IKEA commercial

17-overlay2

You'll never aimlessly wander the floors of IKEA the same way again.