Former Beatles McCartney, Starr team up for Grammys

Former Beatles McCartney, Starr team up for Grammys

FAB FOUR: Ringo Starr (L) and Paul McCartney, of The Beatles, introduce the new video game "The Beatles: Rock Band" at the Microsoft XBox 360 E3 2009 media briefing in Los Angeles June 1, 2009. Photo: Reuters/Fred Prouser

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Former Beatles Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr will each perform at the Grammy Awards this month where the pair will accept a lifetime achievement award on behalf of the Fab Four, organizers said on Tuesday.

McCartney, 71, and Starr, 73, will be joined by R&B singer John Legend, hip-hop duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis as well as country singers Taylor Swift, Kacey Musgraves and Keith Urban as performers during the 56th Grammy Awards, the Recording Academy said.

Singer-songwriter Carole King will also perform alongside pianist-singer Sara Bareilles at the Grammys, which will take place on January 26 in Los Angeles.

Previously announced performers at the music industry’s biggest night include pop singer Katy Perry, French DJ duo Daft Punk, rock group Imagine Dragons, New Zealand singer Lorde, R&B singer Stevie Wonder and country singer Blake Shelton.

(Reporting by Eric Kelsey; Editing by Patricia Reaney and James Dalgleish)

Latest Headlines

in Local

Judge Finds Man Charged with Mailing Cyanide Competent


A federal judge says a Maine man charged with mailing cyanide to a suicidal Englishman is competent to stand trial.

in Local

Officials Say Child Died After Showing E. Coli Symptoms


Maine public health authorities have confirmed that an Androscoggin County child died and another was hospitalized after both showed symptoms associated with E. coli bacteria.

in Local

Ex-husband of Former State Rep Pleads Guilty to Gun Threat


A Winslow man has pleaded guilty to pointing a loaded gun at two of his sons and the boyfriend of his ex-wife, a former state representative.

in Local

Hearing About Forced Medication in Killing Case Delayed


The Maine attorney general's office says a court hearing has been pushed back on a prosecutor's request that a man charged with killing his father be treated with medication without his consent.

in Local

Judge Gives Final Approval For $338M Oil Train Settlement


PORTLAND, Maine (AP) A U.S. bankruptcy judge has approved a $338 million settlement fund for victims of a fiery oil train derailment that claimed 47 lives in Quebec.


  • 3m
  • 13h
  • 14h
  • 15h
  • 16h
  • 16h
  • 16h