News

Shia LaBeouf ‘leaving all public life’ after plagiarism scandal

Shia LaBeouf ‘leaving all public life’ after plagiarism scandal

HE'S DONE: Shia LaBeouf says he's leaving the limelight. Photo: Associated Press

Shia LaBeouf has revealed plans to retire following accusations he plagiarized a graphic novel in a short film he directed.

“The Transformers” star became embroiled in controversy following accusations that he based his movie, “Howard Cantour,” on a book called “Justin M. Damiano” by Daniel Clowes.

Following the allegations, the actor offered a series of public apologies to the author through Twitter.com and even hired a skywriting plane in Los Angeles to spell out his regret.

But the apologies did not succeed in appeasing Clowes’ lawyers, who have since threatened the actor with legal action.

Now, in the latest twist in the saga, LaBeouf took to Twitter.com on Friday to claim his “artistic integrity” has been attacked and as a result he has decided to turn his back on his career.

In a series of posts, LaBeouf writes of his impending retirement and thanks his fans

Latest Headlines

in Trending, Viral Videos

TODAY’S MUST SEE: How to cool a drink in two minutes

Fresh
Cold Drinks

Never drink a lukewarm beverage again! Check out this helpful summer trick.

in Local

Officials In Maine Town Reject Marijuana Plan

Fresh
GENERIC Marijuana-3

YORK, Maine (AP) - Selectmen in York have said no to placing a proposed ordinance to legalize marijuana in the town on the November ballot.

in Local

LePage: State Should Fund Psychiatric Center

Fresh
governorlepage

LEWISTON, Maine (AP) - Gov. Paul LePage says Maine should no longer seek federal money for a state run psychiatric hospital because the federal certification requirements are doing more harm than good.

in Local

Democratic Lawmaker From York Dies Unexpectedly

PAUL MCGOWAN

YORK, Maine (AP) - A Democrat who represented parts of southern Maine in the Legislature has died.

in Local

NH Police Charge 34 Year Old In Abby Hernandez Investigation

LIBBY

Police have charged a 34-year-old man with kidnapping in the disappearance of a 15-year-old North Conway girl who returned safe to her family last week after nine months missing.