News

Other jurors distance themselves from Juror B37

Other jurors distance themselves from Juror B37

People watch a news ticker in Times Square deliver the news that George Zimmerman was found not guilty on Saturday, July 13, 2013 in New York. Jurors have found George Zimmerman not guilty of second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. Photo: Associated Press/Carlo Allegri

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Four of the six jurors from the murder trial of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman are distancing themselves from statements another juror made in a televised interview.

The four jurors issued a brief statement Tuesday on court stationery saying the opinions expressed by Juror B37 are not representative of their views. The six-sentence statement did not specify what parts of the other juror’s comments they disagreed with.

Speaking to CNN’s Anderson Cooper, Juror B37 said the actions of Zimmerman and 17-year-old Trayvon Martin both led to the teenager’s fatal shooting last year, but that Zimmerman didn’t actually break the law.

The four other jurors said in their statement that Martin’s death weighed on them.

Latest Headlines

in Local

Maine Woman Who Foiled Abduction Ready for a Fight

The Maine State Museum worker who prevented the abduction of a 2-year-old girl is a grandmother with a bum knee. But Sharon Wise says there would've been a ``big fight'' if the assailant hadn't given up.

in Local

Maine’s Jobless Rate Down Slightly in November

UNEMPLOYMENT

Maine's jobless rate dipped slightly last month to 5.7 percent.

in Entertainment, Trending, Viral Videos

TODAY’S MUST SEE: Colbert’s star-studded farewell to ‘Report’

21-overlay4

Stephen Colbert bid farewell with the help of scores of celebrities in a rousing sendoff to the tune of "We'll Meet Again."

in Local

Portsmouth Naval Shipyard Hiring 715 Workers

GENERIC SHIPYARD LARGE

Portsmouth Naval Shipyard says it's in the process of hiring more than 700 workers.

in Local

Thornton Academy Students Sent Home After Phone Threat

TELEPHONE

All saco schools were put on lockdown this morning as a precation in response to a phone threat.

Tweets

  • 2m
  • 2m
  • 3h
  • 3h
  • 5h
  • 5h
  • 5h